Thursday, November 1, 2018

Twitter account locked



[20181102]
Not sure what's happened here.   Guessing, the reason is either over clipping pics from google's imagesearch to juxtapose with some of mine to make a point, (Or possibly my "Today's Page" twitterposts to #platetectonics #tectonics #structuralgeology #earthscience #geoscience #geology) advertising an alternative view to Plate Tectonics were deemed not to be cuddly-feely enough in a collegiate sort of way.  Don't know, .. no-one ever commented, far less complained.  If my account "exhibited unusual behaviour" then it could only have been on account of the void it was encountering. But evidently someone complained.

[20181103]
Twitter has deleted all my tweets to those #tags, so it looks like the "possibly" (above) just got elevated to a higher standard in keeping with the general integrity of my blog. So, .. where to from here?  Pending, I guess. (Unlocking? :- I don't use a mobile phone and Twitter does not offer an email option (just sms). Maybe one day I'll get a mobile, meanwhile, .. I can't help reflecting on those deletions. I did delete one or two myself when I realised they were essentially forums for teachers and their very young pupils, but on consideration (since it's highly unlikely that young pupils would be spending their time looking at 'homework')(but if they did then so much the better) I thought no harm would be done if teachers realised there were genuinely respectable alternative views around to Plate Tectonics that could even be discussed with very young children to help them  understand that ideas are different from facts, and thereby to help "inspire them" to be more critical of the world than they might otherwise be.  I wrote a note several years ago regarding my own experience on that score (but I was by then a youngish middle-teenager) (link)

But they were also (mostly) forums for much more senior people with geology degrees, a number of them teachers. I find it appalling that the response, instead of commenting on my posts (which was the reason why I *was* posting), was to complain to Twitter and have them deleted and my account peremptorily blocked. So much for the free-thinking educators who have learned their rote lessons well enough to feel threatened by "alternative views". (I very much doubt if Twitter would have the geological expertise to have done it of their own volition. My guess is they have acted on perceived superior 'authority', which (as my site is designed to show) is unwarranted.


20181105
Noted yesterday. 10 tweets to followers (only) replying to a post by the BBC's science writer drawing attention to the 50th anniversary of Plate Tectonics) had also been deleted (while a more expletive and populist one is retained). I used it as the foundation for ten key points against Plate Tectonics ('slingshots page'). So the protest could have originated either from the BBC or the Geological Society, in which case Twitter would be the meat in the sandwich. I guess there are many such cases (and many more can be expected.)
https://outline.com/T7kaPw :=: "Voters on the right half of the political spectrum have lately been given ample reason to wonder whether employees of giant Internet companies are also supporting their favorite causes at work."
20181107
(Just saying .. )

(.. something about restriction to freedom of (respectable) information and as balance to the political right ..) Yandex has had a block on this site too for many years. In the interest of anti-Putin hegemony you can help by putin' it around that Putin is (needlessly) sh^!-scared of an expanding Earth and that he'll be putin' up daisies long before anybody notices, so his paranoia is not justified.

("Consensus makes you free.") 


20181120
This is a collage of an image capture to show my infringement retrospective of 20181102 (the date of suspension), though they've only just appeared in the last few days.  Pretty severe as you can see, though they were well-intentioned. The density is typical. Included are not only others' images, but some of mine as well - some even OCR clips of search texts, and even one or two of my own literary inventions made as an image.  So it looks like it was an image infringement after all, a casualty of artificial intelligence of sorts (facial /image recognition), though with a heavy emphasis on exclusion of what I was trying to say.  I would have thought copyright Fair Use would cover every image posted, so I don't know what's going on (other than wanting a telephone number).  I don't have one (mobile) but did sign in already anyway to confirm identity. Made no difference. Pretty frightening (when you think through the implications /limitations of free speech) You'd think they could have put some flowers in the box too, .. daisies or something, to lighten it up a bit in the interest of overarching theme of tribal connectedness, instead of all-black. I feel like a piranha.  (Yeah, .. the other one too.)

20181123
(Google earth >searchbox > Palestine)

(.. And verymuchwithstanding) :-
https://tinyurl.com/yb29ner5
https://tinyurl.com/y9bsk75b



20181129
R&P  :=:   Just some thoughts on Rape And Pillage following the recent revelations re the bad behaviour of the Catholic Church, .. and now as the Royal Enquiry into the Banks finishes up (this week),  the bad behaviour of Big Business, Deaths in Custody, Domestic Violence, and calls now (since it all began) for an Integrity Commission to oversee bad behaviour on all fronts, - even Mother Teresa getting a guernsey for being the classic psychopath by inflicting God's will on the poor and the suffering, and how the public (as much as anything) get their heads around rationalising this sort of thing even to the point of relishing being part of it (being 'sold').  I.e., just something about the duality of life and death, .. that business of 'encoding' of the dna - in the bean and the seed and the chicken and the egg and death as our necessary lot, and even how day-to-day we must devour (eat and excrete) some other life in order to stay alive).  Weird life in a beautiful world, and how we must do better in it.  Yet strip away the water and the air and the light that underwrite it and what have we got?  Not a place any God would like to inhabit.  So what sort of a trick is this dna-chick playing on us? Today's new google image is for :- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartolome_Esteban_Murillo  reminding us we're still pulling ourselves up by our bootstraps, when things could be better.  

 (20181129)
(Appealing Twitter suspension)

To twitter

Dear Twitter,

I am a geologist attempting to communicate to the public an alternative view to Plate Tectonics (an established consensus *theory* ).  My posts have two purposes, 1. specifically to highlight the inadequacies of the theory (and axiomatically therefore to be controversial), and 2. (therefore) to be educational.  At no time were my posts ever abusive.

Plate Tectonics enjoys a monolithic consensus, and I suspect there may have been a complaint(s) from one or more professional bodies with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. Such monolithic consensuses require indirect approaches.  Some may regard my efforts as 'unorthodox', and thereby take offence, even being thin-skinned to the point of interpreting them as abusive ('threatening'). 

Post deletions were initially all those to hash-tagged geological forums, followed by an almost indiscriminate blacking out of all posts with images used to make points. I did think suspension may have been judged on copyright infringement, but even before posting considered them all to fall within the bounds of "Fair Use".  (Even some of my own images were blanked out.)

No-one ever posted a reply contradicting the substance, or objecting to the tenor, of my posts.  I believe they may have tried to 'pull weight' by contacting you directly.

I would be grateful if you could inform me of the reason why there was such a heavy deletion of my posts.

Thank you.

Don Findlay
----------------------------------

(20181130)   -     Twitter account reinstated on appeal along with an offer of helping out with further questions if required.
--------------------------------

20181203

Dear Support,
 

Thank you for reinstating my account.  However, I'm still in the dark as to the reason for suspension in the first place, particularly since all images that I thought might have been the cause of the offence (and likewise some possible 'trigger' posts) appear to have been resumed.

I guess it falls within "Rules and Policies", which I have (again) read, and of which there are quite a number of areas of possible infringement.  But I have been posting for a couple of years and have not changed my 'style' - so I did find the suspension odd (and a little disturbing).

If you can give me a clue, even just loosely, what area was the cause of suspension it would be helpful, particularly if it was instigated by an external complaint by another user (re subject, substance or tone), or if it was strictly an in-house curtailment.

Thank you,
d.findlay


20181213

 No answer received to communication of 20181203

(Defining moment closed). 

===========================


20190120
resumed posting  
https://twitter.com/earthexpansion/status/1086437626863804416

20190204
Twitter account locked again. I tried to post this answer to Guardian Science about being "worried about climate change" :-
-------------
I'm not.

https://earthexpansion.blogspot.com/2017/02/climate-change.html#jcurve

https://tinyurl.com/y74gjxkv  (Thanks Anthony for this link)
------------
.. Then the locked page appeared the instant I clicked 'tweet'.  So I don't know if that got posted.  I have a feeling it might be locked because of this text-image I posted in the previous tweet..

.. justaposing it with one of erosion surfaces in the Himalyas, which denies Plate Tectonics' assertion of formation by "colliding plates" or "colliding continents" - and by further extrapolation leads to the conclusion that it is Plate Tectonics itself that is "Flat Earth" in another form - to which this site is drawing attention. 


 20190206
 (Appealing Twitter suspension - No.2)
  https://help.twitter.com/forms/general?subtopic=suspended

Dear Twitter,


It appears my account has been suspended for a second time (first time 20181102) (or perhaps 01/03 according to the international date-line.)

I refer to my earlier two correspondences explaining my situation :-
To the first (20181129) I got a reply and my account was shortly unlocked the same or the following day (thank you).

To the second however, asking why it was locked in the first place (in order that I might avoid this happening again), I did not get a reply.   For your convenience I enclose this as follows :-

==========================
20181203

Dear Support,

Thank you for reinstating my account.  However, I'm still in the dark as to the reason for suspension in the first place, particularly since all images that I thought might have been the cause of the offence (and likewise some possible 'trigger' posts) appear to have been resumed.

I guess it falls within "Rules and Policies", which I have (again) read, and of which there are quite a number of areas of possible infringement.  But I have been posting for a couple of years and have not changed my 'style' - so I did find the suspension odd (and a little disturbing).

If you can give me a clue, even just loosely, what area was the cause of suspension it would be helpful, particularly if it was instigated by an external complaint by another user (re subject, substance or tone), or if it was strictly an in-house curtailment.

Thank you,
d.findlay
===========================

To explain  further, I am a geologist (retired) with a lifetime in industry, and have published at the cutting edge of mineral exploration.  My posts are a serious attempt to bridge the gap between plate tectonics and Earth expansion, which immediately preceded the former, and to demonstrate a transition.

The fundamental differences may be summarised as :-
Earth expansion is predicated on geological *observation*.
Plate Tectonics is predicated on Geophysical *theory* (much of which is illogical, contradictory, and was initially designed specifically to deny what then (half-a-century ago) was the most seminal advance in Earth science - *ever.

Turf wars in academia can be lethal to whoever thinks they can challenge a consensus that is so ingrained and monolithic as Plate Tectonics.  Correspondingly, in virtually half a century there has been no discussion in academic circles of the merits of the two propositions.  Plate Tectonics has prevailed.

Therefore I am pitching my posts to the public in a way that reveals 'The Emperor's New Clothes', so to speak, in the hope that there are also be some on the academic side of the fence who may be responsive to my approach and find a way themselves to insinuate change.

I can well understand however, that suspension may be in response to (quoting Twitter) " behavior (that) violates 'Twitter Rules' or it may be in response to a *'valid and properly scoped'* request from an *'authorized entity in a given country'*.   https://tinyurl.com/y7u6txk5

I repeat (from my previous correspondence to you) that at no time in the two years I have been posting have my posts ever been abusive in any way, nor has anyone ever protested either the content or tone.

I do suspect therefore that your reason for suspension may be as asterisked just above, to which I would reply, "Then let anyone who protests my posts show cause by posting replies, rather than hiding behind the kudos of their institutions (and Twitter's platform.)

The evidence will soon show where the focus of concern lies, .. mine with public education and children, theirs with maintaining a monolithic consensus, and to secure the funding that such engineering guarantees.

Yours sincerely
d. findlay.

P.S.  I do not use a mobile phone.


--------------------

:-))  Same day,   Wednesday 6 February 2019 8:05PM :=:
 Right on cue about conspiracy theories  and Claiming the Earth is flat  (above image, 20190204 .. about "human evaluators trained in public guidelines"), and who has control of so-called 'truth'?  Only in Russia (and China) do people believe what their government tells them.  Isn't that so?  Trump in America?, .. you can believe everything he says because he tweets it.  And when he's not tweeting, words fall straight from his mouth.  Isn't *that so too?.  At least the words can be believed, if not what they're saying.

 At least science admits that making mistakes is the way it moves forward.  Science is always under scrutiny - or should be.  It's when there is a monolithic consensus about a *theory* (rather than about the facts) that we need to be concerned.  And Plate Tectonics freely represents itself as a theory, about which much is not understood. Why? (me :-) For the simple reason it is barking up the wrong tree by building its house on sand - making assumptions that are unwarranted.  Time for a cool change.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIxvQMhttq4













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don

Via ILT, do you want to touch base?

Louis Hissink Editor in Chief, NCGT Journal.

Post a Comment