Monday, August 21, 2017

The Zen of Mountain Building

"First there is a mountain ..
( .. then there is no mountain then there is .." )



" .. Before I had studied Chan (Zen) for thirty years, I saw mountains as mountains, and rivers as rivers. When I arrived at a more intimate knowledge, I came to the point where I saw that mountains are not mountains, and rivers are not rivers. But now that I have got its very substance I am at rest. For it's just that I see mountains once again as mountains, and rivers once again as rivers." (link)



Fig 1.  The Holy Mountain - Mount Kailash (alt view) (remind you of anywhere?)  with Everest (slightly tilted) in the background.   Both being pointy and steep show them once  to have been higher.  [So are these mountains ("tossed high by the collision of plates") .. or valleys due to erosion?  [Crust crumpling /"building" up due to 'tectonics'?  Or wearing down due to erosion?]   (Source : google images)

[More? .. ]  =>



No comments:

Post a Comment